Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year

I know that a thousand of people might have said this before but really, I need to once again emphasise time flies. I don't know how the hell did time passes so fast each and every year like we were playing in the movie with a forward button turned on. But I have to say, I really had a great year and a  great new year's count down. We all headed down to Elders Park for the countdown and for the first time I felt like Adelaide was coming to life. The entire park was jam packed with so many people (of all ages) that I almost felt like the whole Adelaide was there. The countdown in Adelaide is very much different from Singapore. We have a live band going on, food vendors on the side of the park selling the most yummy ice cream ever (bush tucker btw), Mexican, hotdog, you name it. And on the other side of
the park was the beer garden which actually was one of our highlights apart from the fireworks. As the fireworks show invited the arrival of the new year and brightening up the night sky of Adelaide, I felt like the luckiest and happiest girl in the world. I've gotten my new year's kiss, my bf wrapped me in his arms, my best friends by my side celebrating this special day with me and the magnificent fireworks going on for full 15 minutes, what more can I ask for? Maybe the only missing factor are my family in Singapore but I know they are always with me.

The list of resolution should be made every year and I guess mine would be

  1. finding a job that I really like, 
  2. getting my drivers' licence, 
  3. to make myself cleaner and neater ( no clutter in the house) 
  4. and to do more things I love and not to give up half way through. ( cooking, baking, running with the dogs, setting up a mini business at the night market and taking up boxing lessons)
I've never been the best person to follow through resolutions but I really wanna make an effort to do
it this year. Happy New year:)

No comments: