Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Happy 21

It's hard to believe but yes, I'm finally 21. I never really had the age thing loitering on my mind that much cos for some reasons, I always feel older than what I really am. Nevertheless, I'm still really happy to have hit this 'big 21' digit of my life. I was never the girl who will throw big parties and invite a thousand people for my birthday, rather I always loved a get together mellow birthday dinner. Kel brought me to a EXTREMELY expensive Japanese teppanyaki style restaurant. I mean it was a great dinner, especially when it's with her, but it was so expensive that I almost had a literal jaw drop when I opened the menu, and the bill after. It was really nice of her to spoil me like this and to be honest, she kinda reminds me of my dad. :)

Coincidentally, my boyfriend's sister gave birth to a baby boy on my brithday so I pretty much spend my afternoon in the ward looking at the cutest little thing who was born the same day as I am. It was a rather special birthday celebration. He then brought me to another EXTREMELY expensive (again) Italian restaurant and we had the best 8 course degustation meal in my life. Just when I thought that I was overwhelmed enough with all the good food for 2 straight days, a bunch of cheeky kids surprise me when I got home from the dinner. Kel, made a sashimi birthday cake for me and Adabelle had berry (her dog) dressed up with a bow tie to surprise me.

I never really see birthday as such big of a deal and it's not about the presents that I received but it's how your loved ones work their ass off to surprise you and make you feel like you're star. I am so blessed to have a great boyfriend and a best friend. Happy birthday to me.

No comments: