Sunday, November 18, 2012

So what's the deal?

Every now and then, I'd be asked about my status in Australia. Are you staying on? Are you looking for a job? blah blah blah and the list goes on. Truthfully, every time when I'm prompted by these questions, I felt like I was hit by the brutal reality of how unobtainable Aus visa can be. My answers to the questions always stays the same. Yes, I wanna stay on and find a job, if I'm allowed to, but with the circumstances I'm in, I'm not keeping my hopes high. I didn't want to be pessimistic and I know there will be definitely a way or two to be done but I'm scared, I'm really scared that things would turn out the exact opposite way. Have you ever had the feeling of knowing that you are meant to be in a place, living the life that you dreamt of ? That's exactly how I'm feeling. It's not like returning back to Singapore is a horrendous idea but living in Australia seems to make all my dreams come true.

I'd love to wake up in the morning in my beautiful apartment, seeing Nino comes running into my room, jumping in the air with excitement and I'll put him in my arms and head downstairs to make breakfast for myself before getting to work. Comes home after, knocking off at 5pm ON THE DOT, taking Nino out for his daily walk at the park and joins my bf for a romantic dinner, eating home or out, doesn't matter. This is the kind of lifestyle I want to have. I know if I hadn't come to Australia, I wouldn't be even close to wanting or even thinking of having this lifestyle, but the fact that I'm here, makes me desire for this contagious 'laidback' lifestyle. I am currently on graduation visa which ideally means that I'd be able to stay in Aus for a another 2years? And what comes after would be hoping that I'll be a possible candidate for PR. :)

 
 
My Dream Home


 

No comments: