Sunday, February 03, 2013

What Ifs

It has been an extremely hectic week for me with all the moving house, buying/building/arranging furniture, endless packing and unpacking and yet another endless cleaning to do. Would I have said moving house was  'fun' if I knew the amount of work, time and money I've thrown into this so called perfect home? Absouletely fucking not! But was it worth it? Hell yeah! This place is finally done, with no boxes lying around nor the ground filled with dust and finally, I get to sit in my bedroom, read a book, play with niƱo or look at recipes. I really have to say that I'm loving my new house, each and every part of it that was built with sweat and countless sacrificed sleeps. I want to hope that this is probably and hopefully the last time I'm gonna move house.

It kinda hit me while I was doing my unpacking when i found a box with pictures of the girls. What if they were still here? Maybe we might get a huge house and all lived together. We probably would ostracise Hayley's OCD-ness and complain about Sharon being a K-drama fanatic but worst of all, we will definitely top our neighbours' hate list because we would make so much noise and create a scene every night. But, things don't happen like how we thought it would be. I guess that's just a life of an overseas student, don't expect friends you meet here will be here with you forever. :(  But well, we had the fondest memories and craziest times and that's what matters most. Life goes on and one day when we all meet again, we will laugh at our outrageousness, at how Hayley asked for a dozen of pillows from the room service in Gold Coast, at Kel's '2 anger person' and at Sharon's Korean with an American accent dream boyfriend. I miss you girls, it's been another year without you and I know we all are doing very well at a different part of the world :)

No comments: